Submission deadline: October 12th, 2020
Notification of acceptance: October 19th, 2020
E-poster upload deadline: October 26th, 2020
E-poster platform goes online: November 5th, 2020
All those interested in presenting abstracts at the 8th World Congress of Teledermatology, Imaging, and Artificial Intelligence for Skin Diseases (fully virtual edition) are invited to submit their work via the online platform to the Program Committee for review. Selected abstracts will be presented as e-posters for virtual consultation. The acceptance of an abstract does not include the congress registration. Authors must be registered for the Congress before 26th October in order for their poster to be presented in the e-poster platform.
Please read the following submission rules carefully before submitting an abstract:
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and via the website only. Abstracts submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- A “blind” selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
- Please indicate the topic from the abstract topics list below. Encore abstracts will be accepted.
- Please structure the abstract as follows and the text should not exceed 500 characters including spaces:
- Introduction & Objectives: Describe the background and the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe the material and methods used to design the study
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
- Abstract format: DINA4, editor: Microsoft Word (or compatible with). Arial 12 Font. It is acceptable to include up to 2 tables, graphics, or images as part of the abstract, however they must be of good quality.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Abstracts will not be edited by the Congress Secretariat prior to publication, therefore please check the grammar and spelling carefully.
- Use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
- No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract.
- The maximum number of authors is 6. And the maximum number of abstracts by the same first author is 3.
Patient Privacy /Clinical Photography
Photographs should at all times protect the privacy and identity of the subject. Eyes should be blacked out. The source of the photographs must also be declared if not the property of the presenter. This is to prevent the use of photographic material without permission.
Accepted abstracts will be presented as e-Posters and will be viewed via the Congress platform on 5th + 6th November. Further upload information and the e-Poster specs will be provided in the abstract acceptance email.
Please note that the acceptance of an abstract does not include the congress registration. The presenting author must be a registered participant, otherwise the abstract will not be reviewed and waived from the programme. Authors must be registered for the Congress before 26th October in order for their poster to be presented in the e-poster platform.
Abstract Submission Topics
- Artificial Intelligence and Teledermatology
- Telepathology and Teleconfocal